School of Computing
Research and Innovation Committee
Terms of Reference
- To foster research & innovation in the School so that a stronger and wider-based
research & innovation culture is developed and maintained.
- To assist the research groups and individual researchers, where appropriate, in their R&I activities.
- To share best practice between researchers in support of joint R&I activities and planning.
- To encourage inter-departmental, and inter-faculty collaboration.
- To provide a forum for discussion of R&I strategy, including income, output and
- To monitor School R&I performance.
- To monitor and review research degree progress and training.
- To implement decisions of the University and Faculty research committees where appropriate.
- Ex officio members:
- School research co-ordinator (Chair)
- Head of School
- Associate Dean (Research), Faculty of Technology
- Dean, Faculty of Technology
- All full-time professors and readers in the School
- Recognised research group leaders
(where they are not already members by the above)
- A co-opted member drawn from the "new" research-active academic staff
- A research student representative
- The Committee shall hold meetings at least once per term.
- Between meetings, discussions and decision-making may be done online.
- In an emergency, the Chair is authorised to make a decision on behalf
of the Committee.
Amended March 2015. Previous version.